Friday, February 6, 2009

One More Bali Opening...

Bali held one more story for me to experience. It was in the form of nothing but the greatest teacher of all – love. But not so much in the romantic form, more in the form of breaking myself open with the help of another. The way I saw it at the time was that what I thought was my heart was actually my heart’s shell. And like an egg it needed to be violently broken open from the inside to release the life within.

The person I am writing about is very private, and as this is a public blog I will respect that by keeping her anonymous... We got to know each other over the year and it was through her that I learned the most about astrology. As time went on we grew closer until somewhere in the midst of November we decided to be together.

It was certainly no normal affair. New levels of playfulness met expansive vulnerability. With her help I could see how disturbing it is to be absent with someone in the midst of intimacy. She called me out on that and let me see what is truly required to be with a person. And it's simple... Just the absence of absence.

We broke up around Christmas and brokethrough in the middle of January into something else entirely. I still don't particularly know what the 2 of us have now. But I feel blessed to have met her and grateful for whatever is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment