Friday, February 6, 2009

Astrology and Energy Work

It hasn’t all been lessons with people… hmmm… Maybe it has. But still, a few skills were learned on the way as well. While here in Bali I’ve had the good fortune to have met some wonderful teachers of valuable skills.

Gary Roba has been my energy work teacher.  Gary’s teaching has given me the space to experiment and find my own way. This has helped me to develop a way of ‘listening’ to what the body wants to tell me that is my own and that continues to grow.

I have learned these techniques (or technique-less techniques as it may be) in the form of workshops. In these workshops I have gotten to know some of my other fellow explorers – a couple that really standout have been my friends Mitch and Margie. These 2 New Yorkers from Generation W (my new name for the baby boomers) each have 35 years psychotherapeutic experience and a wealth of life knowledge that they have so generously shared with me beyond the courses. They have become dear friends.

I have also been blessed to have learned Astrology with some of the world’s most accomplished teachers right here in Bali. Melanie Rhinehart, Steven Forrest, Rick Levine and Jeff Jawer came through here to teach. They use Astrology not as a predictive mechanism as it has a sour reputation for, but as a way to look deeper into yourself, your patterns and the way you were made and groomed.

I have found it to be a great tool for self-exploration and for understanding other human beings… Not that human beings can be truly understood, but you get my meaning.

Downtown Melanie Brown, my old friend from the early days of travel who I met 6 years ago, joined for the first course and stayed for 4 months. Together our friendship picked up where it left off, this time with astrology to help spin us out and put us back together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment