Friday, February 6, 2009

Denton, Megan and Henry

Denton and Megan are a couple of groovy Canadians with a 5 year old son – Henry. The adventure that these guys have taken me on has been something else entirely. To sum it up in a stupidly quick way…

Hang out with this couple, have an intense connection with little Henry, couple breaks up, hard times for all, have some strange dream relating to it all months before the event. It begins to mirror my own story and take me through my own path as seen through Henry’s eyes. Watching Henry handle it all has been inspiring and a way for me to rewrite my own life in some ways.

I’ve been staying with Denton out here in his mansion on the outskirts of Ubud for the last week to complete my journey. Last night I said to Henry, ‘Sleep well buddy.’ He replied, ‘How can I do that? I will just sleep how I sleep, I don’t have any control over it.’

That lets you know a little bit about Henry.

He also asked me once, 'Chris, when are you going to die?' Not a bad question for a Wednesday afternoon, eating pizza, taking a dip in the pool...

It's exciting to see what comes next with this family and their path. I'm sure that whatever it is, one unanswerable question will remain... 'Who's Driving?!'

No comments:

Post a Comment