Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cat Kabira the First

I met Cat the first day I arrived in Ubud. I was sitting in a café with the unnamed woman who I had come to see. We were blocking out half of our faces with our hands and comparing sides – which one was more masculine and which more feminine. It was a fun game. Cat strolled passed on the way to an Indonesian lesson that she would never find. She stood with us and talked about the different sides of the face and of the masculine and feminine in us all. There was an instant something, but it wasn’t romantic. It was a recognition. Perhaps a natural understanding. The seed would take a while to unfold.

A yoga teacher who teaches the Forrest Yoga Style, I met Cat a few more times over the month that passed. Eventually we caught up for a night of gin in my apartment above a restaurant in the rice paddies. The flow was easy and a friendship had been struck. But you know how it goes with boys and girls, there’s also something sexual. Alice, who I had met in the Gilis in January, was of the opinion that the best move is to just get the sex part done and out of the way and get on with the friendship… I ponder the success rate of her theory. Cat and I didn’t take this route and went about building a friendship even if the polar opposites of our privates were attracting each other.

After a few outings – one involving an all-night singing and dancing extravaganza in the belly of the beast of Seminyak – Cat and I decided to take a road trip out to Amed, take some mushrooms, and connect to the Source. We found an amazing 2 storey apartment right on the beach with the hills behind. The sky was beautifully clear and with a black moon the stars were out in full force.

How do I go about telling you about this experience but by mentioning the lessons that came from Source? Here they are as best as they can be remembered…

No comments:

Post a Comment